Thursday, December 11, 2014

Countdown has begun

So today I have something a little different to show you for my One Crazy Stamper blog post - this is one of three advent calendars that I completed last month for friends and family.  I apologize for the poor quality photo, but I needed to get this one delivered before the end of November so that it could be mailed out, and as usual I didn't finish it until the last moment.


The base of the calendar is an older Kaisercraft kit, that you assemble and then decorate with your choice of paper, ink and embellishments.  After painting all of the pieces I choose dp from Simple Stories Cozy Christmas collection to decorate all of the boxes and the sides of the calendar.  All of the edges were inked with  Versafine Vintage Sepia, then the fun began.  I used a mix of embellishments to decorate the individual boxes including ribbon, brads, charms, buttons, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Countdown Charms, while the center scene was built with Tim Holtz bottle brush trees, and a bird bath ornament.
 

1 comment:

  1. Putting my order in for next year now.... BEAU-TEEE-FULL!

    ReplyDelete