Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Metallic Chirstmas Tags


It's time for me to share a tutorial with you for One Crazy Stamper, and this month I decided to play with the Viva Décor Inka Golds.  This product comes in a variety of colors and the ease of use is wonderful!!   I have two techniques to show you, and there are lots of photos, so grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy!!! 
 
 
 I started by embossing tags with various Cuttlebug and Sizzix folders, then I placed a dab of two different Inka Golds on a splat mat.  By adding a small amount of water to the two colors I brushed over the embossed tags with random strokes of each color, blending them together.



 
Once the tag dried, I used a piece of paper towel to burnish the Inka Gold blended colors, giving the tag that metallic finish.
 

 
For the following tag, I first used the water technique with the Inka Gold, and then placed a mask of a large snowflake over the finished result.  By using the Inka Gold with my fingertip, I placed a heavier layer of the product on the tag front.
 

 
 After adding some other embellishments, here's the finished tags.

 


The next technique, uses the Inka Golds straight out of the jars to add metallic finishes to  various parts of a card.  Using the Grand Calibur, I cut and debossed one of the Spellbinders Imperial Gold Dies ( debossing is the effect of the design being pressed into the paper - not raised ).
 
 
 
I also used the Grand Calibur and a magnetic sheet to emboss all of the Spellbinder Imperial Gold Ivy dies onto a card front.  Using my finger I then rubbed the resulting pattern, highlighting the raised embossing.

 

To complete the card front I randomly rubbed two different colors of the Inka Gold to get a third color blend.

  
To finish off the card front I stamped a Penny Black Christmas sentiment from the Glad Tidings stamp set,with Staz - On ink in the center of the gold octagon ( after using the Inka Gold, you will need to use Staz - On to prevent smudging ).  I also stamped a Penny Black Christmas Wishes image and colored it with Copics.  A Memory Box die and some lace complete the card.
 
 
Grab some of these wonderful products over at One Crazy Stamper and have fun playing with them - oh yeah, clean up is so easy just some water and paper towels will clean up any mess any may make!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment