Sunday, February 19, 2012

I'm Retired....


Bugaboo Stamps is the sponsor for this fortnight's challenge at Dream Valley, and the theme is Just For Men.  I've had this digital image from Bugaboo for awhile and just needed the excuse to color him up - this is Gus Birthday - Optional.  I colored the image with Copic Sketch Markers and Prismacolor pencils, then used Judikins Diamond Glaze on his glasses ( I put a very thick coat on, and when it dried for some reason the center collapsed, which has never happened before, but it worked out okay because he now has lovely coke bottle thick glasses - just adds to the older age subject of the card ).   The dp is from a My Mind's Eye Abbey Road "Let's Go" kit, and the sentiment is from Art Impressions.
Jump on over to the Dream Valley Challenge blog and check out the rest of the design teams fabulous creations, and then enter to win!!!

Digi Doodle Shops Best - #95 Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - #4 Masculine
Kaboodle Doodles - #106 Where the Boys Are (Boys or masculine)


13 comments:

  1. Great card Shari. This image does make me smile and love your backing papers.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great the backing papers look with the fun image! I really like the 'coke bottle' glasses!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shari that is just gorgeous and it does make you smile, and Im sure any man would love to receive it, it would cheer them up for sure. hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, two things here...ONE: this card is wonderful! Your coloring is perfect! TWO: love the paper you used! I've been sitting on the Abbey Road collection for quite some time now, and this reminds me I need to use it up! I love that you used it for a retirement card, whereas I've been saving it up for a travel-exclusive layout. I need to stop hoarding it and get using it!

    Great card, Shari!

    xx
    Khristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word Shari this is both fab and fun that image makes you smile, love the colours and design thank you for joining our challenge at The Digi Doodles Shop this week.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant, especially the glasses. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card Shari. I found you on The Outlawz and now I am following you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card honey!
    The image is just perfect and I love the happy little accident with the glaze! Gives the perfect OAP glasses lol!
    Adore th papers too and go perfect with the image!
    have a great week sweetie!
    Hugs m xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! Colors, design and papers are all gorgeous. :)

    health courses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Accident, what accident?? lol. Great male card hon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, and Hilarious glasses!! Your DP is just perfect for your image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card and great papers for the image!! I love your muted but still bright (does that make sense?!lol) colours, too- my male cards always seem to come out muted ie. dull!! :S lol
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, i just awed by this card! very creative and the details are awesome! i am very much impressed. love the image too. thanks for posting this one.
    quality website design

    ReplyDelete