Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer Scents

Well it's another day of rain and thunderstorms here.   My dogs are spending lots of time quivering under my desk - and if you saw the big one you would wonder how she fits under there, but she does!!  For Indie, if there is the will, there is a way - you should see her sit in one of those foldable beach chairs!!

Since it's so gloomy outside I decided that it was time to pull out the glitter and add some sparkle and shine to my day.  I started by stamping the beautiful Jasmine from Stamps Happen on to watercolor paper, and then painted her with Ranger's Tim Holtz Distress inks and an aquabrush.  Here's a photo I took before adding the glitter, and I think I like the image before - what do you think?
The colors are much more vibrant in the before, and I did a lot of humming and hawing before I went to the next step.  I just may have to paint up another Jasmine!!!
I added a layer of Scor Tape, and then used cool highlight microfine glitter from Glitter Ritz to burnish the image, giving the finished image a glow!!  The dp is from K & Company Julianne paper pad, inked with four of the same colors of distress inks that the image was colored with.  Sentiment is from Whimsy stamps Ticket Sentiments, cut with the matching Whimsy die and the ribbon is from my stash ( one of these days I will need to run over to the other side of Calgary for a day of ribbon shopping - anyone want to come? ).
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
ABC Challenge - W is for Wish
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/
Crafts and Me - #38 Stamp Something
http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com/
Digistamps 4 Joy - #20 Wings
http://digistamps4joy.blogspot.com/
The Outlawz POM - Summer Fun
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums/forum/topics/pom-party-challenge-june-9
Truly Scrumptious - #58 Summer sparkle
http://trulyscrumptiouschallenges.blogspot.com/

Hope the sun is shining on you today!!

4 comments:

  1. I love both of these Shari. And congrats on that new designer spot. You most definitely deserve it as you are such a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are equally gorgeous Shari...I can't pick a favourite! Your colouring is beautiful. I'm having a lovely time browsing your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards Sherri! Fabulous coloring of both cards. Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy ~ Charlene GD DS4J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are stunning,beautiful image and the colours are lovely...Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious..
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete