Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Another Version of an Easel Card



I love to look at the beautiful cards featured in the Magnolia Ink magazines, and wanted to learn how to color images with distress inks like they do.  I find the painting with the distress inks an enjoyable alternative to using my Copics, and lately have fallen in love with any and all fairy images.  This beautiful image is from Magnolia's Fairytale collection and was painted with Tattered Rose, Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge, and Dusty Concord.  You can't see it in the photos but I used a Clear Star pen on the bubbles, and then gave them dimension with Diamond Glaze.  The wings were given a sparkle with an Illuminate Smooch, and the center of the flowers are Ranger Butterscotch Dimensional Pearls.  The leaves are from a Marianne designs die recently purchased from the UK.  No sentiment yet, as the card will go into my stash for a future celebration.


No comments:

Post a Comment